Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Blogs on Resources and Learning

This Mother’s Day Weekend I was on the Internet researching “Blog” sites and I found a number of great sites. These sites will indeed be useful for me, while I pursue my Instructional Design and Technology Degree. I was truly amazed because I did not have a clue there was so much information available and free. Wow! One of the sites I visited and took a great interested in was eLearning Concepts. This site is full of resource and information on Instructional design jobs, Media Social Networking, Technology Tools, and Web 2.0, just to get you started. I read Christina blog on “Show and Tell”, she had participated in a technology seminar at Bloomsburg University and one thing that was discussed at the seminar was Web 2.0 tools. She said it was the best educational weeks of her life. Here is a list of some of tools she shared on her blog and can be useful in business, personal or educational settings: Flick, Quia, and Googledocs. She even gave her user name and password to try Quia. I will be visiting eLearning throughout my courses and I hope you will as well. http://elearningconcepts.wordpress.com/

Internet Time Blog is another site, I visited and I wanted to use it as example. It isn’t a good site. It had a lot of dated materials on the site and wasn’t as useful. So my thought was why isn’t the site being updated. The site isn’t user friendly and the links on the right side of the home page are virtually imperceptible. However, I did find a link on how people learn and it was interesting to read and the information on the site was what we had in this week’s reading. It is true everyone has a different learning style and there is great information here. Here’s the link just in case you want to check it out. http://www.internettime.com/blog/archives/000023.html

WorldPress.com http://en.wordpress.com/tag/instructional-design/

“Blog about: Instructional Design” - overall was the best thus far for me. I’m sure there are many more great sites out there in the IT world. It is a blog site I hope you will check out and I know it is a site I will visit more often. It is user friendly, clean – I like the white space, not overly crowded with information, is well organized; and great information for Instructional Design degree seekers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Followers

About Me

My photo
Burtonsville, MD, United States
Hello World! Terri L. Williams here welcome to my corner! I am happy you stopped by; please let me know when you stopped in by leaving me a little note. I am currently living in Burtonsville, MD pursuing a Master's degree in IDT. I have a M.A. in Organizational Management and decided to go back and get another Master in IDT because I want to open a learning center with my daughter and cousin, in Memphis, TN. Since I’m new at blogging please let me know what I need to do to improve my blogging skills.