Monday, April 4, 2011

The Impact of Open Source

The Impact of Open Source

Yale Open Course
Course Title: Econ 159 Game Theory
http://oyc.yale.edu/economics/game-theory/contents/syllabus.html


I chose to evaluate the Game Theory course from the list of Open Yale courses. The course was carefully planned and designed for distant learning. One of the most important elements of a distant learning course is easy navigation. The menu bar remained on the upper left side of my window as I navigated the course. Even though the course had various sections, I never got lost in a web of pages and was always able to easily return to the home page. This small but important element made this an ideal layout for a distant learning environment. Each course session includes the lecture transcript, audio files, summary and black board notes.

Many of the enhancement elements were missing from the course that could have improved the overall learner experience. There was no space available for students to interact and have discussions. The assignments were not clearly outlined and it appeared that the professor did content dump for each class sessions. If the class sessions were separated, the professor could’ve added a supplemental section for each class session where students could go to review any additional information related to each section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Followers

About Me

My photo
Burtonsville, MD, United States
Hello World! Terri L. Williams here welcome to my corner! I am happy you stopped by; please let me know when you stopped in by leaving me a little note. I am currently living in Burtonsville, MD pursuing a Master's degree in IDT. I have a M.A. in Organizational Management and decided to go back and get another Master in IDT because I want to open a learning center with my daughter and cousin, in Memphis, TN. Since I’m new at blogging please let me know what I need to do to improve my blogging skills.